The project "Disseminating Smart Water Competence" was implemented to support the lifelong learning sector in Belarus. The project utilized the existing "Baltic Smart Water Hub" portal accumulating cases relevant for the particular geographical area. The cases were translated to Russian language and a publication was prepared to improve knowledge transfer of smart solutions to Belarus. Reaching with these cases to the Belarusian water experts ensured innovative character of good practices transmitted to the national water sector through academia and wastewater treatment operators of the project partnership.
The project was led by the UBC Sustainable Cities Commission, and the partners from Belarus represented
- Increasing the dissemination of good practices exemplifying possibilities of smart water and wastewater management in Belarus.
- Promoting lifelong learning and influence teaching practices in Belarus.
- Increasing knowhow of the Belarusian WWT sector.
- Raising the capacity of the WWT operators in Belarus.
- Promoting the knowledge of the Baltic Smart Water Hub portal for Belarusian users.
Council of the Baltic Sea States, CBSS Expert Group on Sustainable Development, Baltic 2030 supported by the Swedish Ministry of the Environment