HUPMOBILE online conference
This year's midterm conference of HUPMOBILE was supposed to be held in Hamburg. However, due to the Coronavirus outbreak, we cannot organize it as a face-to-face conference. Instead, we are organizing two short virtual events on different days discussing the future of mobility in the Baltic Sea Region cities. During these two days, we will focus on the concept of Fusion Mobility and whether COVID-19 has an impact on the development of sustainable mobility. Both webinars are open for everyone and free of charge.
November 26, 10:00-12:00 (CET)
During the first day the focus will be on the Fusion Mobility. The keynote speech will be provided by Mr. Manfred Neun, former chairman of the European Cyclists' Federation, who introduces the components of the Fusion Mobility. The theme will be further discussed with presentations of the best practices from similar projects:
- Cycling in Hamburg’s port area – a challenge between infrastructure, (in-)tolerance and perceived safety by Heike Bunte, Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg- Borough of Altona
- New Urban Freight Transportation – Practical Insights from Hamburg by Alina Werner, Hanseatic Transport Consultancy
- „Let’s go!” Promoting walking on the national level by Alena Büttner, German Environment Agency
- An alliance for foot traffic: find supporters in departments and districts by Dr. Susanne Elfferding, Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg – Ministry of Traffic and Mobility
- SUMBA - Commuting Master Plans - a Tool to support intermodal mobility in functional urban areas by Johanna Fink, Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg- Borough of Altona
Mobility in times of Corona
November 27, 10:00-12:00 (CET)
The second day of the event discusses the effects of COVID-19 on mobility. Dr. Angela Francke from the University of Dresden, who was one of the first to conduct surveys on mobility behaviour in Corona times in Germany, will provide a keynote speech. The influence of pandemic on the mobility will be discussed in following breakout sessions:
- Has mobility in your city changed (due to Corona) and what was your response?
- Mobility and Corona – Censorship or Chance?
The HUPMOBILE project focuses on providing a holistic approach to sustainable mobility solutions in port cities of the Baltic Sea Region. Partners from cities and infrastructure operators integrate innovative mobility options in urban and particularly port logistics, intelligent transportation systems, multimodal transportation and mobility services.
Visit the event page for the detailed up-to-date agenda and more info about speakers.