Commission activities for the autumn 2017
After a restful summer, we are all back in the office and back in action. During this autumn, water will be an important topic for our Commission through many project activities, meetings and conferences where we will be represented as well as Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and how we are promoting and implementing them on the local municipal level. Urban planning and brownfield related issues are also in our agenda for this autumn.
- CIVITAS ECCENTRIC event series (Turku Future Forum) about sustainable urban mobility starts in the City of Turku, Finland, on 7.9.2017 and will continue into late autumn with different topics.
- 2017 China Europe Water Platform will be held in Turku on 21-22 September 2017, UBC Sustainable Cities Commission will be represented!
- IWAMA project's webinar will be held on 25 September 2017 - more information coming soon!
- iWater: Integrated Storm Water Management project will have an internal project meeting in Turku from 25-27 September 2017
- Baltic Urban Lab project's third webinar "Soil contamination in brownfields - how does it concern planning?" will be held on 26 September 2017 at 10.00-11.30 EET (register before 21 September 2017)
- CIVITAS Forum 2017 in Torres Vedras, Portugal from 27-29 September 2017 . UBC SCC will be represented via CIVITAS ECCENTRIC and CIVITAS SUMPs-Up projects.
- Baltic Urban Lab has their second Peer Review in Riga on 10 October 2017.
- IWAMA Water Forum is organized on 23-24 October 2017 in Växjö, Sweden. During the event, the project will launch the online platform "Baltic Smart Water Hub".
- XIV UBC General Conference will be held 24-27 October 2017. Overarching theme of the conference is Leadership for the future - Cities as leaders for glocal sustainable development. Our Commission will be present! Cannot wait to meet you all there!
- During the UBC General Conference in Växjö, Climate-smart leadership report will be launched. The report will be the result of the UBC-CDP cooperation.
- UBC Sustainable Cities Bulletin will also be published after the UBC General Conference in Växjö
- Baltic Urban Lab will have their third workshop back-to-back with Nordregio Forum 2017 during 29-30 November 2017.
To be updated!