Guidelines on How to implement MaaS in local contexts
This document – "Guidelines on how to implement MaaS in local contexts" – summarises the lessons learnt in the CIVITAS ECCENTRIC project during the years 2016–2020. The project was the first to include measures that focus on a new concept called Mobility as a Service, (MaaS). The first project publication – "MaaS Readiness Level Indicators for Local Authorities" – was published in Autumn 2017. After that, several cities around Europe started to use the readiness level indicators and found them to be very valuable.
In this publication, you will find the updated version of the readiness level indicators. These indicators have been updated based on several workshops that have been carried out around them during the years 2018‒2020. Thank you to all of the active participants who have provided their know-how on the topic! There are several publications that have been written about MaaS during recent years. This document is not a summary publication of all of the knowhow so far. It focuses on five different areas related to MaaS :
- Chapter 2 on Context outlines the principles and circumstances necessary for MaaS to flourish
- Chapter 3 on Key pillars focuses on business models and stakeholder involvement;
- Chapter 4 on User-centric approach highlights the main points to take into consideration when designing services;
- Chapter 5 on MaaS readiness levels introduces the updated readiness level indicators;
- Chapter 6 on MaaS readiness levels in ECCENTRIC cities highlights achievements in each city