Regional Water Day in Turku
The Regional Water Day, or Varsinais-Suomen vesipäivä takes place on 19 March 2019 in Turku, Finland. This event is organized in cooperation with the IWAMA project on improving smart wastewater management in the Baltic Sea Region. Now that this project is approaching its closure, several national events are organized in the region in local languages to bring together key actors of the national water sector to discuss relevant sectoral topics, and raise awareness about translated IWAMA project outputs. One of these events takes place in Finland.
The Regional Water Day in Turku will present you with:
- Development of water management and approaches to risk management in the water sector
- Cases of Finnish expertise in water management
- Current situation in wastewater treatment in the Baltic Sea Region based on benchmark developed in IWAMA project
- Research and capacity development in the water sector
- International cooperation and opportunities for knowledge and expertise exchange
The event is held in Finnish language and participation to it is free of charge.
IWAMA, the Flagship project of the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region, focuses on improving wastewater management in the Baltic Sea Region. The project advances the capacity of the wastewater treatment operators, builds an exchange platform for water sector specialists, develops smart audit concepts, and implements pilot investments to increase energy efficiency and ensure better sludge handling.
Budget: EUR 4.6 million
Duration: March 2016 – April 2019
Read more about IWAMA on the project's website!