Conference on Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans ‘Planning for a liveable city’
The European Platform on Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans (SUMPs) is hosting its first ever European Conference, offering mobility planners and implementers from all over Europe an opportunity to learn about the latest developments in the field of SUMPs.
Held in Sopot, Poland, from 12 to 13 June 2014, ‘Planning for a Liveable City’ will give delegates an opportunity to attend workshops on hot topics in urban mobility planning; exchange ideas and experience and network with fellow planners and other experts; and find out what European projects can offer local and regional authorities.
The conference will provide a creative environment to explore how planning can contribute to developing liveable cities. Participants can learn and bring in their own ideas and experiences in parallel workshops covering a wide array of themes.
Themes discussed at the conference include:
- Citizen Participation
- Auditing Procedures
- SUMP Impact Evaluation
- Sector integration
- Integration of transport forms and modes
- Austerity and urban mobility planning
- The role of national actions to promote and support the uptake of SUMPs
- Member States and regional actions to encourage local authorities to prepare SUMPs
- Urban mobility planning in cities and towns below 100,000 inhabitants
The Baltic Sea Region Competence Centre on SUMP supports the organisation of this event.