Holistic Urban and Peri-urban Mobility
The HUPMOBILE - Holistic urban and peri-urban mobility project is aiming to provide a holistic approach to sustainable mobility solutions in cities and their perimeters in Baltic Sea port cities. City authorities, infrastructure operators and transport providers are enabled to assess and integrate innovative mobility options into their mobility management plans and policies, e.g. concerning:
- Sproduction and urban logistics
- The use of intelligent transportation systems (ITS) solutions
- Multimodality in urban transport and travel-to-work
- New operating models for public-private mobility services
- Logistics flows in and around ports
- Co-creation of mobility services and urban planning with resident.
Concrete piloting activities
All outputs will be developed and tested in pilots in the participating cities of Hamburg, Riga, Tallinn and Turku.
Transferable and scalable results
Urban areas near ports are challenging environments to take into account all the mobility needs. HUPMOBILE outputs have a strong focus on transferability and scalability of the lessons learned. These outputs include online planning tools as well as a variety of mobility concepts to be promoted for external uptake. These will increase the capabilities of public authorities and institutions, which are a key catalyst for the uptake of more environmentally friendly transport solutions.