Dyn@mic cities active for sustainable mobility
CIVITAS DYN@MO is an ambitious project bringing together four European cities that have agreed on a mission to strengthen sustainable mobility. DYN@MO is short for the project motto DYNamic citizens @ctive for sustainable MObility.
The participating cities are Aachen (DE), Gdynia (PL), Palma de Mallorca (ES) and Koprivnica (HR) .
The cities will promote non-polluting lifestyles, collaborate with citizens with new, web-based tools, and implement integrated, innovative transport services for active citizens of all ages.
CIVITAS DYN@MO is part of the CIVITAS Initiative, aiming at supporting cities to introduce ambitious transport measures and policies towards sustainable urban mobility.
7th Framework Programme – CIVITAS Initiative
The four DYN@MO cities will implement altogether 30 innovative measures within three working areas:
- Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans (SUMP)
- Clean and energy efficient mobility
- Use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS)
The project also works at the European level. All 30 measures implemented in the four DYN@MO cities will have a high degree of transferability across Europe. A Baltic Sea Region competence center for Sustainable Urban Mobility Planning (SUMP) has been established within the project.
The expected results are:
- new "Mobility 2.0" systems and services by applying new web-based technologies;
- innovative electric mobility solutions, using new electric and hybrid vehicles and
- improved citizen dialogue for mobility planning and service improvement.