We are recruiting: Project Coordinator
The UBC Sustainable Cities Commission is one of the 7 commissions of the Union of the Baltic Cities (UBC). UBC is a voluntary, proactive network of cities mobilizing the shared potential of around 100 member cities for democratic, economic, social, cultural and environmentally sustainable development of the Baltic Sea Region. The UBC Sustainable Cities Commission is responsible for the Union’s work on environmental and urban sustainability topics and functions as the co-ordination secretariat of the entire UBC Sustainability Action Programme. The UBC Sustainable Cities Commission is located in Turku, Finland. We are now looking for a Project coordinator.
The position includes the coordination of an EU funded project on sustainable urban mobility and participation in preparation of other project applications as well as in the overall tasks of the organisation.
Your main tasks will include:
- Overall project coordination, communication with project partners and monitoring of budget
- Project Dissemination Management incl. planning, implementing and monitoring of dissemination activities EU wide
- Coordination of local dissemination with the city partners
- Production of different means of communication: publications, videos, social media, web etc.
- Organisation and facilitation of exchange of experiences and other activities e.g. study visits, workshops etc.
We are looking for someone:
- with very good coordination skills
- who takes initiative, works independently as well as being a good team member
- who has experience in communication planning, production of publications and social media in English
- with experience in organizing and facilitating workshops, webinars etc.
- who has experience or/and a strong interest in sustainable mobility issues
In addition we expect you to participate in the preparation of other project applications as well as participate in the Sustainable Cities Commissions’ general tasks and network activities.
As soon as possible
Until end of 2020.
We are asking a lot from you so what have we got to offer?
We offer you an international working environment in a multi-national team. Besides working with our member cities, we are also a desired partner and have influence on the national, regional and European level on urban sustainability. We offer you an interesting and inspiring work place with possibilities to involve your ideas and experiences as well as to develop your own interests.
Our working language is English.
If you are interested in the position, please send us your application including a CV and cover letter by email to esther.kreutz [at] turku.fi by 1st of November 2017 15:00.
Björn Grönholm, Head of Secretariat
bjorn.gronholm [at] turku.fi, +358 44 9075987
Esther Kreutz, Project Coordinator
esther.kreutz [at] turku.fi, +358 44 9075980
Read more about our work: