We had a resourceful and productive UBC Sustainable Cities Commission Meeting in Jyväskylä!
Big thank you's to our hosts in the City of Jyväskylä! We could not have made such a good meeting without you! Find here the materials from the "Resource Wisdom and Biosphere Areas in UBC cities" event from 17-18 May 2017 in Jyväskylä, Finland.
The following keynote's presentations can be found attached:
- Tanja Oksa (City of Jyväskylä, Smart Kangas)Day 1 - UBC Jyväskylä 2017 - Tanja Oksa
Tanja's presentation presents how Kangas brownfield area has been regenerated into smart living area for the locals.
- Antti Hämäläinen (University of Jyväskylä) Day 1 - UBC Jyväskylä 2017 - Antti Hämäläinen
Antti introduced the 5K project that is currently going on in the University of Jyväskylä and explained how cybersecurity issues as dealt with in the Kangas area.
- Lari Rajantie (Sitra, Finnish Innovation Fund)Day 1 - UBC Jyväskylä 2017 - Lari Rajantie
Lari introduced the Circular Economy Roadmap that had been created by Sitra in collaboration with the City of Jyväskylä.
- Pirkko Melville (City of Jyväskylä) Day 1 - UBC Jyväskylä 2017 - Pirkko Melville
Pirkko Melville presented us with what kind of activities related to Resource Wisdom and Circular Economy do they do in Jyväskylä and why the are the forerunners in the field.
- Riikka Leskinen (Valonia/Regional Council of Southwest Finland)Day 1 - UBC Jyväskylä - Riikka Leskinen
Riikka Leskinen from Valonia gave us some insights into the Regional Circular Economy Roadmap.
- Emma Börjesson (City of Malmö)Day 1 - UBC Jyväskylä 2017 - Emma Börjesson
Emma brought some good examples of Circular Economy from Malmö to Jyväskylä.
- Dace Liepniece (City of Liepaja) Day 1 - UBC Jyväskylä 2017 - Dace Liepniece
Ms Dace Liepniece gave an overview of how Energy Efficiency is achieved in the Latvian City of Liepaja.
- Katja Bonnevier (Archipelago Sea Area Biosphere Reserve in Finland) Day 2 - UBC Jyväskylä 2017 - Katja Bonnevier
Ms Katja Bonnevier explained the concept of biosphere reserve areas - what they are, where they are and how cities co-operate with these areas.
- Magnus Larsson (City of Karlskrona) Day 2 - UBC Jyväskylä 2017 - Magnus Larsson
- Toomas Kokovkin (UNESCO MAB Focal Point for Estonia) Day 2 - UBC Jyväskylä 2017 - Toomas Kokovkin
- Hannu Koponen (Regional Council of Central Finland) Day 2 - UBC Jyväskylä 2017 - Hannu Koponen
Conclusions from the Day 1 Roundtable Discussions: UBC Jyväskylä 2017 - Roundtable Discussion Summary
Results of the Lake Päijänne Workshop on Day 2: UBC Jyväskylä 2017 - Notes World Café 18.5.2017
The photos taken during the event can be found here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/151319108@N03/albums/72157682691690520/with/34275512774/
RE-WATCH THE KEYNOTES