Turku as a pioneer in smart mobility
Turku is the first CIVITAS city in Finland and it has become an internationally noticed flagship city of sustainable solutions. To reach the aim of becoming carbon neutral by 2029, the transition to urban smart sustainable mobility is crucial – mobility in 2029 will consist primarily of walking, cycling, electric public transport and sharing of vehicles and citizens will look at mobility as a service. All these themes were part of the CIVITAS ECCENTRIC project funded by the EU’s Horizon 2020 programme, which ended in November 2020.
To get a deeper insight into Turku's results, outcomes and achievements you find here a lot of material:
- Video material about Turku
- Guidelines on how to implement MaaS in local contexts
- CIVITAS ECCENTRIC Final report – New mobility for all beyond the urban centres.
- Turku as a pioneer in smart mobility - local final report (ENG) – also available in Finnish and Swedish
- Local artwork series "On whose terms?" on sustainable mobility
- Complete list of publications in Finnish, English and Swedish about CIVITAS ECCENTRIC in Turku