First HUPMOBILE webinar invited BSR cities to join project activities
The first HUPMOBILE webinar was held on 18 December 2019 as a part of the project activities at the project meeting that took place in the premises of KTH in Södertälje, Sweden. The main aim of the webinar was to disseminate information about HUPMOBILE project, its activities and the Follower City role to BSR cities.
All of the project partners had an opportunity to discuss their activities and work packages in the project as well as highlight the role of the Follower Cities to the project outcomes. The webinar attracted city representatives and mobility experts from other organisations - we had attendees from Estonia, Sweden, Latvia, Finland as well as far as from Indonesia.
The webinar was moderated by Jutta Mäkinen, Communication and Network Manager from the Union of the Baltic Cities Sustainable Cities Commission whereas the main introduction to the HUPMOBILE project and the role of the Follower Cities was given by Tero Haahtela from the lead partner, Aalto University. After the general introduction came the more specific overviews of the concrete work packages:
- Using multi-actor simulation modeling for sustainable production logistics - Case: City of Turku, Amita Singh & Yongkuk Jeong, KTH
- Mobility management and the needs of residents in port cities, Marketta Kyttä & Samira Ramezani, Aalto University
- ITS network and mini-pilots, Ralf-Martin Soe & Liivar Luts, ITL Digital Lab & City of Tallinn
- Transferability and impact assessment of sustainable mobility solutions, Teemu Sorakka & Heike Bunte, Aalto University & City of Hamburg (Altona)
- HUPMOBILE framework and policy guidelines, Jannicke Baalsrud Hauge & Seyoum Eshetu Birkie, KTH
- Questions & Answers (everyone).
The webinar highlighted the need of input from cities across the Baltic Sea in order to create common policy recommendations and guidelines for holistic sustainable mobility in the Baltic Sea Region, thus, everyone interested in learning more about the Work Package and/or specific project outcomes, is invited to contact the Work Package leaders for more information on what is expected from a Follower City in the perspective of the specific Work Package context. Please find the contact details of the Work Package leaders here.
The video recording of the webinar is available here.
The slides and videos of specific presentations can be found here.
Image copyright: Jutta Mäkinen