National workshop of IWAMA in Rostock
The national workshop of the IWAMA project "IWAMA Nationaler Workshop – Energie- und Schlammoptimierung" will take place in Rostock, Germany, on 28 February 2019.
The IWAMA project focuses on improving wastewater management in the Baltic Sea Region. Now that the project is approaching its closure, several events are organized in the region in local languages to disseminate the outputs further to the practitioners and decision-makers; one of the events takes place in Germany.
The IWAMA workshop in Rostock will present you with:
- IWAMA project and its achieved results,
- role of the project partner DWA – German Association for Water, Wastewater, and Waste - North-East,
- capacity development activities and tools for wastewater treatment operators,
- tools for auditing wastewater treatment plants to improve energy efficiency and sludge handling,
- complex investment launched at Grevesmühlen WWTP and other pilots on smart energy and sludge management done in the region.
This national workshop is held in German language and participation to it is free of charge. More information here.
dwa [at] dwa-no.de (subject: Registration%20to%20IWAMA%20National%20event%20in%20Rostock) (Register to the event) by sending an email to the organizer.
IWAMA, the Flagship project of the EU Strategy for the Baltic Sea Region, focuses on improving wastewater management in the Baltic Sea Region. The project advances the capacity of the wastewater treatment operators, builds an exchange platform for water sector specialists, develops smart audit concepts, and implements pilot investments to increase energy efficiency and ensure better sludge handling.
Budget: EUR 4.6 million
Duration: March 2016 – April 2019
Read more about IWAMA on the project's website!
Leaflet with the full programme (in German).