EUROPE-INBO 2019 International Conference
Discussing the future of the European Water Directive and Schowcasing ambition under midnight sun!
Finnish authorities invite Europe-INBO this year to hold the 17th “EUROPE-INBO” International Conference, co-organized with the “Group of European Basin Authorities for the Implementation of the European Water Directives”. The event will take place from 17-20 June 2019 at Sibelius Hall in Lahti, Finland.
Register now & find important information on the event website.
The City of Lahti is located only 1 hour by train and 1 hour 20 minutes by bus from Helsinki-Vantaa Airport. Check the train timetables here: visitlahti.fi/en/arriving
Due to the limited capacity of the venue and availability of bedrooms (which are not pre-booked by the organizers), we strongly recommend you to register to Europe-INBO 2019 (free of charge) and book your hotel as soon as possible!
Regarding hotel booking, our Finnish hosts have negotiated a discount night rate including breakfasts and taxes in the following 3 hotels. Please indicate you are a participant of “Europe INBO 2019” to benefit from this rate when proceeding to the booking:
- Solo Sokos Hotel Lahden Seurahuone (address : Aleksanterinkatu 14) - 114 € for single bedroom, 138 € for twin/double bedroom (email contact: seurahuone.lahti [at] sokoshotels.fi ; phone number: +358 201 234 600)
- Scandic Lahti (address: Vesijärvenkatu 1) - 85 € for single bedroom, 103 € for twin/double bedroom (booking webpage ; email contact: lahti [at] scandichotels.com ; phone number: +358 3 339 39 11)
- Scandic Lahti City (address: Kauppakatu 10) - 95 € for single bedroom, 113 € for twin/double bedroom (booking webpage ; email contact: lahticity [at] scandichotels.com ; phone number: +358 341 081 624 ; in addition to indicate you are a participant of “EUROPE-INBO 2019”, please mention the following promo code: BLAH170619)
Organizations, administrations and other stakeholders interested in Basin Management are invited to participate in the event and share their experiences on basin management throughout the sessions of EUROPE-INBO:
1. The Workshop on “Integration of Nature-Based Solutions (NBS) into WFD Programs of Measures (PoMs) for basin restoration with a focus on lakes: governance, implementation, assessment (in English).
2. The 4 roundtables and the Special session, which will benefit from simultaneous translation in English and French as all the plenary sessions, will focus on the following themes:
- Water Quality: the objective of good ecological status and the challenge of microplastics
- Agriculture and climate change: the stakes for agroecology, non-point source pollution, water availability
- WFD review: Towards a practical review of the WFD application: how to deal with exemptions and “one-out all-out” principle
- Sea / basin interface: Integrated management of basins and coastal waters: strengthening consistency
- Special session: International and transboundary cooperation (including under the framework of the WFD, between EU and non-EU Countries)
A technical and cultural visit will be organized on Thursday 20th of June in the City of Lahti region.